Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Relationship question could you help?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Hannah_Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2003
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok i will be brief about it. I have a friend who is really nice to me, we used to go to school together but now we dont and we only speak online. i have watched him go through alot of relationships through the past months and he has always came to me for support, which i have given him. Recently he has been confused about his sexuality and i have been there for him through that too. I like him but not as in " i would go out with him" sorta way. I think he is trying to lead me onto that but i dont want to do this i only want to be really good friends. Anyway of telling him nicely just no?

    Any answeres welcome cos i am desperate

    [img]confused.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    Hannah there doesn't seem to be a nice way to say no does there! But if that is honestly how you feel, you need to be true to yourself (and him) and hope that your friend will understand and respect your honesty.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Juliet10's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,042
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would also add that you need to make sure you're not mis-reading the signals first. Otherwise it'll be you that ends up getting hurt and you may lose a friend.

    Michelle

    xx

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hannah_Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2003
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeh thanx guys. i have thought most of this through but some things i cant get through. Other things stand in the way like my past relationships that i cant get over what happened to me in them. i got hurt in them too, i dont want to happen again but if i dont try i may never be with someone?

    [img]frown.gif[/img] i hate these kind of complicated things

    Oh i forgot to add, after i had posted this on here, about 2 hours later he came online and said he fancied me like mad. I wish i wasnt soo nice lol

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ October 30, 2003 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Hannah_Lou ]</font>

  5. #5
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Hannah, my own daughter has been through a very similar situation with one of her (boy)friends. If he is confused about his sexuality then I would suggest that you are there for him in terms of support as a close friend but until he realises and comes to terms with his sexuality I think it would be difficult to start a relationship with him under these conditions. It would be a shame to ruin a good friendship if he tries to force this issue with you and it's not fair to you either until he is comfortable with his sexuality. Just try to talk to him about this issue maybe and you might help him to understand where he stands.

    Janie xx

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Hannah_Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2003
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanx Janie, i am still there for him. He asked me out but i really dont think i can do it. He lives too far away from me, we dont go to the same school and ultimately, from what i have saw over the past few months, i dont think i can trust him in a relationship cos i would never see him [img]frown.gif[/img] i find it sad that i cant trust him, cos i want to. I asked him if i could sleep on it, i have and now i think i will have to tell him. Its a damn shame there isnt a nice way to say no

    [img]frown.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Cazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tell him you value your friendship too much to ruin it with a failed relationship.

    That's what my best friend Pete an i used to tell people when they asked why we weren't an item.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Hannah_Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2003
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aww Thanx Caz. It is all soo confusing, i feel like i am under pressure, knowing my luck i will be with him this time next week [img]frown.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Julius77's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2023
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Relationship question could you help?

    Oh, these relationships... Now I’m in a situation where I need help in relationships because I don’t want to leave and without a specialist, I think I can’t handle it on my own and I need help from someone who understands this.

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Wiliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2023
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Relationship question could you help?

    I agree, if in your life there are some problems of misunderstanding in relationships that lead to a lot of stress, and this is not good, they need to be solved. Moreover, if you want to save your relationship and it's healthy, then the best executive coach in singapore can help you. I applied once, and several of my friends did too, and it helped us all a lot in our lives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •